The Women's Information Service promotes choice and empowerment for South Australian women.
With a shopfront on the Ground Floor at 101 Grenfell St in Adelaide's city centre, the Women's Information Service also provides a range of information and referrals to women over the phone and online.
For women in regional and remote areas including mining towns, they also offer a Rural Women's Phone Link Up, in which women can contact the Women's Information Service on their toll free number (1800 188 158) and have their call transferred to services in SA that do not offer a toll free number. (Please note: there is still a charge from mobile phones.)
Additional services include:
- Information and referral about South Australian government, non-government and community services.
- A free and confidential service providing trained volunteers to accompany women to the Family and Federal Circuit Court in Adelaide.
- A volunteer program in which volunteers are highly valued and can make a real difference to the lives of many women in South Australia.
- Free and confidential tax help from July to October each year.
- Free internet access at the Adelaide shopfront.
- Women's Information Hubs in regional SA.
Or you can simply talk to trained staff and volunteers at the service about anything at all, including:
- Family life and relationships
- Domestic/family violence, sexual assault and safety
- Health and wellbeing
- Accommodation and housing issues
- Financial security and independence
- Women's groups and events
- Education, training and career paths
For more information the Women's Information Service – part of the Government of South Australia's Office for Women – please click here.