Miner's Bible tackles common mining issues
The Miner's Bible is a new resource tool created specifically for Australian miners.
Mark Hemans, a network pastor with the Out of the Pit support network, says the pocket-sized Miner's Bible features a special 20-page front colour section containing encouraging stories of miners whose lives have been changed by God, and Biblical prayers dealing with common mining issues such as loneliness, depression, family/marriage problems, and safety concerns.
"As you can see in this photo, no matter what their background, miners are keen to have their own copy of the Miner's Bible," Mark says.
"In its pages they find the strength to face the challenges of tough mining life."
The easy-to-read, contemporary English version Miner's Bible is published by the Bible Society with the help of Out of the Pit.
For copies or to learn more about Out of the Pit and its support services for miners across Australia, visit www.outofthepit.org and click the Miner’s Bible picture.
More on Health & Wellbeing ...
- New Aussie eHealth records: perfect for families on the move
- Bang on a beanie to support brain injury awareness
- Buy sports items signed by your favourite stars - and help fight prostate cancer
- Be Happy Cards enhance emotional resilience in children
- Mining wives reveal how to keep the sex drive alive
- Depression’s social network: family and friends need support too
- R U OK? Afield - a new program helping mining workers
- Stressed, angry and unhappy? There is a cure for that...
- Mining wives talk drugs & alcohol
- Drugs and alcohol in mining: workers have their say
- Aussie miners discuss their 'black days'
- PND: a thief that steals motherhood
- Psych support for rural Aussies
- Wise words from a mining chaplain
- Employee Assistance Programs: who to talk to (when he won't)
- Miners turn to MensLine Australia to build ties with family and beat the blues
- Miners under the Aussie sun - a growing client base for skin specialists
- Meet Australia's FIFO bachelor
- Making your own life in a mining town
- Beyondblue is building Australia's biggest shed - online!
- Bit hot on the job? Drink more water!
- Relationship struggles of a single FIFO miner
- How to turn that beer belly into a six pack
- Blokes feeling blue: identifying and conquering depression
- De-stress at your office desk with three easy exercises
- Ten steps to a great workout
- Eight essential strategies for losing weight
- Battling the bulge and the bain marie
- Turn your donga into a gym (or how to exercise in a tiny space)
- Ask Mareike ... your personal fitness trainer