New guidebook helps families deal with the tragedy of workplace death
Families grieving the loss of a loved one in a workplace accident now have access to a comprehensive, free booklet, thanks to the team at Miners’ Promise.
A Life Lost: The Road to Recovery has been written and published by Miners’ Promise, for people directly impacted by the sudden death of a loved one.
The Road to Recovery contains three essential types of information:
1. A guide on the roles and responsibilities of various agencies and organisations involved in the process following a person’s death, particularly where the death has occurred in the workplace.
2. A comprehensive list of support services across Australia, broken down into state jurisdictions and including full contact details (correct at the time of publishing).
3. Information about coping with grief, and how to support others dealing with grief.
"The booklet is the culmination of a number of years' work by Miners’ Promise founder, Helen Fitzroy, who has researched, compiled and verified contact information for key support organisations across Australia, bringing them together into one central resource," says Miners’ Promise chairperson Graham Crew.
"Through this resource, we hope to provide support to those affected in often tragic circumstances.
"Miners’ Promise members recognise the importance of family and loved ones in their working life, as well as supporting their mates. This resource is just one small way to provide support when it is needed most."
Although the booklet has been created with the resources industry in mind, it is relevant for everyone regardless of the industry in which they work.
Download your free copy from the Miners’ Promise website.
Other great company initiatives:
- Real earthmovers wear pink (and raise $25K for breast cancer research!)
- Bags and swags fit for FIFO workers
- Beyondblue's free workplace training to boost mental health of Aussie miners
- $100,000 boost to hospital fund helps WA regional families when they need it most
- Easternwell plates up a new workforce healthy eating program
- Subsidised homes, cheap flights, free shares and bonuses: how mining companies attract top staff
- "An injured worker who returns to work, returns to life" - Kathy's Sandvik motto
- Caltex in the community
- OZ Minerals: a mining company that’s committed to community
If you know of a great company initiative - either for employees or the local community - please tell us about it.