The Survival Guide for Families in Oil & Gas
The Survival Guide for Families in Oil & Gas is targeted at energy companies for distribution to new and existing employees on FIFO and DIDO rosters or living in remote mining communities.
Published by Mining Family Matters, the 32-page, A5 booklet is an invaluable resource tool featuring professional advice from our psychologist Angie Willcocks and loads of practical tips for keeping families strong and healthy despite lengthy periods apart.
The guidebook is based on the hugely successful Survival Guide for Mining Families. Total sales of our guides are now nearly 120,000 since April 2011.
Chapters in The Survival Guide for Families in Oil & Gas include:
- What to expect in the first few months of FIFO
- Building resilience in your kids
- Women in oil and gas
- Tackling loneliness when you’re apart
- Are you making excuses about sex?
- House rules for happy homes
- The art of making new friends