The Resource Channel's 'Inside Guide' to a blue-collar career in mining and resources
The Resource Channel's Inside Guide is the definitive guide to starting and continuing your career in the resources sector.
Written by in-house industry recruiters, the free guide is specifically targeted at those seeking blue-collar opportunities: technicians, trades, apprentices, operators and camp and site support roles in oil, gas, mining or resource construction. It also offers valuable information for overseas candidates and for those seeking their next position across all levels.
With chapters that can be individually downloaded as PDFs, the online guide offers information and advice on:
- The best way to break into the industry;
- What you can expect on a mine site or off-shore platform;
- The types of entry level/blue-collar roles available and salary ranges, including entry level roles;
- The training you might need and a list of providers;
- How to market yourself;
- Interview tips;
- What to expect at a pre-employment medical;
- Practical tips from those in the know;
- An extensive listing of resources employers across Australia, contact details, and how to apply.
Check it out here: www.theresourcechannel.com.au/the-inside-guide.
The Resource Channel also tracks Australian resource sector projects and provides details on which contractors have been awarded work. You can find details here: www.theresourcechannel.com.au/page/2012-projects-update.